Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Earth Day at the Zoo

Saturday was Earth Day at the zoo. Jean, her mom, Corbin and I packed up for a trip out into the beautiful Ohio weather (which is one day per year). Corbin had a good time. He found the flamingos fascinating, but not as much as the people. I sometimes think the people strolling around the zoo are more odd than the animals in the exhibits.


Corbin had his first carousel ride. Although he looks a little unsure here, once things got going he was really into it. The zoo personnel running the ride got a kick out of him waving his arms around as he made each pass.

But I think the real highlight of the day was saving a painted tutle from being squashed on the back roads of Pickerington. Jean spotted him and I moved him to the side of the road. I got hissed at for my troubles. I suppose he thought he could make it fine on his own.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home