Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Busy People, Busy People...

Working Hard All Over Town
Busy When the Sun Goes Up
Busy When the Sun Goes Down

For those in the Parker household - ie Lee and the dogs - the last few weeks I've been hard to live with. I have been leading the implementation team for our new Learning Management System, with a go-live day of April 30th. I have been putting in extra extra hours and the stress has been getting to me. I knew it was time for a break after the dream I had last night.

I dreamed I got a 78 percent on my Finance exam. Now, I:
  • haven't been in a Finance class in two years
  • loved Finance but am not an ace at it
  • received a B- even though I got a 78 (my dream professor really values my enthusiasm for Finance)
Being me, I was shocked and began to analyze the test for my mistakes. I lost several points for failing to carry a "5" in an amoritization problem and several more for not factoring in the square root of something (did I mention I LOVE Finance!)

The capstone, though, was the Busy People problem. If you aren't familar with Busy People, they are children's author Richard Scary's tribute to work - Busy Town books with worms and foxes and cats all working - baking, fighting fires, etc. There is a video too, with the song noted above.

Anyway, my Busy People problem was a word search. I had to find eighteen hidden words, like "Busytown" and "Bakery". Not Finance words, mind you. So, I only found six. Not because I couldn't find the other 12, just because I was tired of Busy Town Finance. I gave up. Just didn't care.

I need a vacation!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home