Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Poor baby...poor daddy...awesome mommy

Corbin has been a little under the weather the last couple of days - sporting a fever around 100. It seems to have faded off today, but he has not been his chipper self still.

As for myself, I have been knee deep in nice, smelly dirt. We had dirt delivered from an organic farm on Thursday. I calculated how much we needed - 8 cubic yards. I went ahead and ordered 10 cubic yards, figuring that it was better to have a bit too much. Besides...I would find something to do with the extra, right? The delivery guy show up and drops the load of dirt... a huge load of dirt. He hops out of his cab and says "We appreciate your order, so we threw in some extra!" Gulp.

Needless to say, I have been shoveling dirt for the last four days. The garden is filled, the front yard has been spruced up with some extra dirt (our soil is bad here). And still, the pile stares at me even as I type.

Jean made strawberry jam today. It is absolutely delicious. I thought I'd be strawberried-out but this stuff is good. And all those little baby food jars we cleaned have come in handy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home