Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Capital City Celebration

View from the Hyatt on Capital Square

The week before Corbin's birthday in June, Lee and I decided to take advantage of an invitation to a wedding in downtown Columbus and have our first overnight without baby. On Saturday afternoon, we dropped Corbin off at Lee's mother and sister's house where we knew he would have a great time (and he did!), then headed downtown to check in at the Hyatt. We had plenty of time to get spiffy before traveling to the church in Upper Arlington.

On Our Way

Since this was my first post-pregnancy fancy outing, I was in need of a new dress. I tried to squeeze into my favorite "wedding-guest" dress, but the zipper just wouldn't co-operate! Dress shopping is always tricky - because I'm short, I need a "Petite". As new moms know, extra time to shop is hard to come by. I went shopping in little bursts, with no time for trying on in the store. I ended up with seven dresses! but returned all but this Calvin Klein "pistachio"-colored dress and a wrap dress for our Sunday outing.

The wedding was beautiful and we enjoyed the reception at the Columbus Museum of Art. Our favorite part of the evening was the cocktail hour in the sculpture garden. Very romantic!

Lee updated everyone on the rest of the evening in an earlier post. We slept in Sunday morning and woke to a gorgeous view.

State Capital Building View

After a relaxed brunch in the hotel's cafe, we headed across the street to see the musical "Chorusline" at the Ohio Theater. It was a great performance and hard not to sing along to all my favorites. Then, we headed back to the suburbs to pick up our little mouse. It was the perfect amount of time - I don't think we could have handled more than 24 hours away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home